Strut your stuff before our panel of judges for a chance to win prizes.
First, Second, and Third Prizes will be given to best costumes in the following categories:
Costume Contest Guidelines
- Anyone wishing to participate in the contest must register by NOON each day on-site at the Costume Contest Registration table. Information and forms will be available at the registration table. Anyone needing assistance with the on-site registration please contact Festival management.
- Anyone in costume is welcome to participate (excluding festival cast, vendors, and staff). Entries are judged individually on their costumes and presentation, which should not exceed 30 seconds on stage unless the judging staff has questions. Remember, your presentation can make or break your costume; bring attention to what is unique and amazing about it.
- We will award FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD prizes in two categories: Historic/Steampunk and Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Anime. If your costume doesn’t readily fit into these categories, please see the Contest Director for direction.
- Times of Future Past is a family-friendly event. Please keep costumes/presentations G-PG rated. If you think your performance might be deemed as offensive or risqué, you are probably right. Costumes deemed indecent or inappropriate will be disqualified and will not be allowed on stage. If your performance becomes inappropriate while on stage you WILL be asked to leave and consequently be disqualified. (Appropriateness applies to any aspect that might be offensive to persons of any ethnic, racial, religious, gender, or sexual orientation.) The Contest Director makes all final decisions and does not need to provide explanation. If you have any questions as to the suitability of your costume/presentation, it is in your best interest to contact the Contest Director well prior to the Contest.
- Remember festival weapons rules: peace tied AT ALL TIMES. Fire, flame, or projectiles of any and all sort are completely prohibited. Additionally, messy, sticky, gooey, or anything other substances that may leave a path behind you (wet, dry or oily) will not be permitted as part of the costume or presentation. If you leave a mess, you will be required to clean it up. Please leave the stage in the same condition as when you step foot on it. You are responsible to pick up any items you discard while on stage (including anything your costume may shed).
- Animals are prohibited in all Kewaunee County parks, with the exception of service animals per the ADA Guidelines.
- Surprise the audience, surprise the judges, surprise yourself, but DO NOT surprise the Contest Director (see rule #8).
- The Contest Director has complete, full, and final authority over all aspects of the Costume Contest, including the possibility of any exceptions to the above.
|Judge: Cheri Dontje|
|Judge: Molly Hruska-Ketchum|
|Judge & Costume Contest Director: Kelli Mayo (Drachen Mere)|
Experienced in many facets of event administration and running/emcee’ing cosplay contests. Avid costumer and cosplayer of many genres/types.